ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-xxx]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index

ICM

  • To: stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICM
  • From: Joanasacp@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 03:52:05 -0400

ASACP (asacp.org) is the organization that helps the adult site industry
make a difference in the battle against child pornography.  ASACP recognizes
sexual child abuse as a heinous crime committed against children. As a major
deterrent to such abuse, ASACP was formed in 1996 and is dedicated to
eliminating child pornography from the Internet.  ASACP also provides a
self-regulatory vehicle for its membership through a Code of Ethics that
promotes the protection of children through responsible, professional
business practices.  Over 4,700 adult sites have joined our cause in raising
awareness about this subject.

ASACP investigates and assists the F.B.I. and the National Center for
Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) in enforcing anti-child pornography
laws against thousands of child pornography sites. To date, ASACP has
received and reviewed over 100,000 reports of suspect child pornography, of
which more than 25,000 valid child pornography sites have been reported to
the F.B.I and NCMEC.

ASACP has been in negotiations with the International Foundation for Online
Responsibility (IFFOR) and ICM for it to serve as a hotline for reviewing
reports of suspected child pornography and to carry out the secondary
monitoring of .xxx sites for child pornography.

I applaud IFFOR and ICM Registry's initiative to integrate tools and
technology of finding and reporting child pornography websites into their
proposed registry application to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names
and Numbers (ICANN).

I also support the online adult industry developing their own credible
business practices in conjunction with other impacted stakeholders and
support the IFFOR initiative to create a line of communication between the
adult industry and the global community.

Sincerely,

Joan Irvine
Executive Director
ASACP

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index