ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wellington]

.travel top-level domain: request for independent review

  • To: wellington@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .travel top-level domain: request for independent review
  • From: British Expat Technical Support <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:07:36 +0700

Dear Sirs

I am one of the directors of British Expat Ltd, a company registered in
England and Wales. I am writing to you in connection with the imminent
assignation of the TLD .travel to the exclusive use of the travel industry.

British Expat Ltd considers this decision to be against the interests of
travellers more generally and others with an interest in travel. Our
company depends for its success on providing information to people who
travel as part of their lives (expatriates). To exclude companies such
as ours from the .travel domain unfairly impedes our efforts to deliver
that information.

I understand that there is reasonable doubt as to whether ICANN has
followed its own statutes on transparency in taking its decision, and
that Edward Hasbrouck of hasbrouck.org has requested independent review
of the decision.

British Expat Ltd fully supports Mr Hasbrouck's request, and hopes that
you will accede to it.

Yours faithfully

(signed) David McMahon

Dr D J H McMahon
Director
British Expat Ltd

--

British Expat Magazine - Expatriate news, humour and information
<http://www.britishexpat.com>

With Skype you can make free calls over the Internet.
Skype ? the whole world can talk for free
<http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-406362-10386659>Free calls with Skype