ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wellington]

the travel industry doesn't represent the travelling public

  • To: wellington@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: the travel industry doesn't represent the travelling public
  • From: contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:40:15 -0700 (MST)

ICANN Board of Directors,

I'm alarmed at your moves to establish a new top-level Internet domain
name for travel.

I urge you to allow an independent review of this matter.

As a consumer advocate who has earned his living writing travel guidebooks
since 1979, I can tell you: The travel industry does not represent the
travelling public. They represent only themselves.

Please give all sides on this issue a fair hearing.

Sincerely,

David Stanley,
author of Moon Handbooks South Pacific (ISBN 1566914116)