ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

No ".xxx" domain, please!

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: No ".xxx" domain, please!
  • From: "Aaron C. Christensen" <cantare_21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:39:03 -0800

To Whom It May Concern,

    I am concerned about the proposed creation of a new domain, the ".xxx"
domain.  It has been proposed as a virtual "red light district" for the
internet and will supposedly keep children safer from online pornography.
However, this thinking is terribly flawed as the pornographers will have no
impetus to leave their current domains for the new .xxx domain.  This will
double their holdings on the internet, or worse!  I ask you to reconsider
this proposal and implement some additional safeguards which will oblige
those pornographers to be confined wholly and exclusively to the new .xxx
domain.  Then, and only then, will I approve of the new domain.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Aaron Christensen
cantare_21@xxxxxxxxx