ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Register strong disagreement with this policy

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Register strong disagreement with this policy
  • From: Phillip Berkhof <Phillip.Berkhof@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:22:22 -0500

I am strongly in disagreement with letting pornographers have xxx domains for voluntary use. This will make it even easier for people who cannot normally find pornographic sites to find them. Further, it grants some sort of legitimacy to this perverted use of our media. There is nothing to restrict their use to that domain and there are no guarantees that there will be any attempt to ensure that youth don't visit these sites (and even if there could be site blocking, what does it help if they still have access to all the .com , .net sites).

When will people think of us poor parents who are trying to keep this filth out of the hands of our children????