ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

xxx domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: xxx domain
  • From: "bottomley" <bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:13:27 -0500

Sirs,

I am adamantly FOR the publishing and enabling of the .XXX domain TDL.  Not
only would this in the long run enable the adult industry to be filtered out of
non-adult searches, but would open the field within that industry to more
competition.

There is a very loud, vocal, and disproprtionate oposition to passing and
enabling this TDL from mostly non-internet saavy people for personal and
non-internet beneficial motives. As an online professional of over ten years, I
hope that this letter may cancel the "vote" of one or more of these
well-intended but mis-focused individuals.

The "war" to eliminate adult content was lost generations ago. To continue in
such archaic lines of thought is unrealistic and harms the internet as a whole.

Kind regards,
John Bottomley
CEO, Genius Goods inc