ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Please protect the children

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please protect the children
  • From: "Stan and Janet Seagraves" <gobeavs7@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:47:35 -0700

Hello,

My understanding is that your agency is responsible for the consideration of
the xxx domain.   We do not need a "red light" district on the internet - for a
better appreciation of how problematic this is, just look to Europe.  We need
to be considering women and children, and not the quasi-needs of deviants, many
of whom target our young people.  My work as a parent is hard enough now
filtering what we already have to deal with.  This new domain would only
encourage the proliferation of what many Americans deem to be illegal under
existing obscenity laws.  Our country can not afford a further degradation and
exploitation of women and children.

Sincerely,

Janet Seagraves