ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX icm

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: XXX icm
  • From: Dave Biesinger <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:36:28 -0700

I think the assignment of a XXX icm would further cement the image that the internet is for porn. we have .info .biz .tv etc... and the allocation of .xxx legitimizes the porn industry as a backbone content provider for the internet. I oppose the setting up of this icm particularly because of the lack of regulations that would then ensue. It would encourage content providers to upload more extreme and deviant material, and may prove difficult to regulate and monitor who visits those sites.

As a parent I ask that the porn industry not be given this sort of unbalanced and favorable treatment.