ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

xxx a bad idea

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: xxx a bad idea
  • From: "Jim Kistner" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:18:32 -0500

ICANN directors,

Because you are possibly interfering with a multi-billion industry, I know
you will have lots of input on this topic.

As a physician and pastor, I have seen the results of the internet
pornography ("adult!") industry on families. It is terrible.

It would be helpful for blocking a family's computer to have ALL internet
pornography sites MANDITORILY using ".xxx" sites. Larry Flint aside, that
raises no real "free speech" concern - you are merely cataloging and
protecting, not censoring content. However, this means that they must
relinquish ".com" sites.

Since your current plan is only to add another group of sites for their use
through .xxx, without limiting .com sites, it is a bad idea. However, it
would be very helpful to families to have internet pornography ONLY on a
".xxx" site.

Please consider this alternative.

Sincerely,

Jim