ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Dot XXX

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Dot XXX
  • From: "Tracy Dye" <tedye@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:52:19 -0600

To whom it may concern:

I have recently been informed of a proposed dot xxx domain, and I am appalled
to think that, in a society where our children should be our most treasured
members, an internet domain like this would even be considered.  How does
adding more pornographic materials to the web help ensure the safety and
well-being of our children?  It doesn't.  Since there is no proposed
enforcement to keep pornographic web sites bound to this domain, it simply
allows for further proliferation of illegal and harmful materials. I strongly
encourage the ICANN organization to do everything in its power to ensure the
safety of America's children by keeping a proposed dot xxx domain off the
internet, and by joining forces with the FCC, Dept of Commerce and national and
local law enforcement agencies to keep internet porn and internet predators
away from our children.  If they can't have access to the children, they can't
harm them.

Sincerely,
Tracy Dye
Texas