ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.xxx prohibiting child porn is a joke as is the iffor sponsor claim..

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .xxx prohibiting child porn is a joke as is the iffor sponsor claim..
  • From: Wayne <waystaff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:43:42 -0600

Anyone who watches the news knows that child porn is very seldom found on adult websites.. This trash is obtained through irc chat rooms, usenet, and other
non-website areas. Pedo's and predators are found in teen chat rooms... not on adult websites...
I think it is downright disgusting that ICM would use the emtional reaction from child porn to try to win their 'gold mine'..

.XXX protect children from porn? It will let them know exactly where to find it...!! They'll know to just type 'anything.xxx' and wahoo!! ICM, ICANN, and anyone who deals with webmastering knows that a larger percent of parents don't mess with filtering software. If they DO decide to use it, the child usually has to show the parents how to install it.

Further, I would love an explanation how ICM's "sponsor", IFFOR, can be owned by the president of ICM and it still be considered a legitimate sponsor.
If this doesn't throw up a red flag to ICANN through it's considerations, as conflict of interest, or possibly something more along illegal lines, then someone is asleep at the wheel in my opinion...

It has become quite obvious why ICM is so determined to get .XXX passed. and it definitely has nothing to do with protecting children by someone who has no children.

Wake up and smell the bacon before you aid in starting a trend that will lead to internet chaos..
The internet isn't a babysitter...! Nor do we need ICM to be one..!!

HWS
Adult webmaster
Viet Nam vet
Father of 2