ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

ISOC Québec statement on .XXX

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ISOC Québec statement on .XXX
  • From: "Luc Faubert" <LFaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:00:02 -0500

ISOC Québec encourages ICANN to proceed with the contract with ICM regarding
the XXX sTLD.

While we recognize that the introduction of new TLDs is not purely a technical
matter (the introduction of .xxx for example, brought about social and
political concerns that ICANN should not ignore), we hope that the revised
contract with ICM Registry will be implemented in such a way that ICANN does
not delve to deeply into content regulation. Once it has been determined that a
registry operator can fulfill the required technical, operational and economic
criteria, and as long as it respects them, the registry should be able to
operate without undue interference from ICANN or its constituencies.

More importantly, while we understand the introduction of .xxx may have led
ICANN to be exceptionnally vigilant on the contractual requirements with ICM,
we hope this will not establish new grounds for contractual requirements with
registry operators for new TLDs.

- Luc Faubert
President
ISOC Québec
www.isoc.qc.ca

Luc Faubert
Conseiller en gouvernance TI et en gestion du changement /
IT governance and change management consulting
GFI Solutions
+1 514 236 5129
www.GFISolutions.com <http://www.gfisolutions.com/>

www.LucFaubert.com <http://www.lucfaubert.com/>