ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

BC requests more time

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: BC requests more time
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:43:15 -0800

The Business and Commercial Users Constituency respectfully requests the
ICANN Board to allow an additional 60 days for public comments on the
revised contract proposal for the .xxx registry.  The Constituency,
along with the IPC and ISP Constituency, was not able to have an
'informational meeting' with the .xxx registry until January 25th, with
a follow up meeting being scheduled soon.  The BC is in discussion on
various issues in this revised proposal, which discussions may result in
a vote amongst the Constituency.  We have many members that are
themselves organizations which must reach internal consensus on issues,
and our Charter provides various timelines for notice and comment
periods within our Constituency.

A 30 day comment period is not justifiable as to this proposal, given
the substantial opposition to it, the fact that this proposal had been
thought dead for many months by most in the ICANN community, and the
fact that there are at least five other ongoing Working Groups currently
demanding the attention of the GNSO Constituencies.

Respectfully submitted,

Mike Rodenbaugh

Officer, Business and Commercial Users Constituency

GNSO Councilor