ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Porn and the "XXX" domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Porn and the "XXX" domain
  • From: "Allen Fowler" <lostgyde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:20:10 -0700

February 14, 2007

ICANN

I want to protest in the strongest possible way your attempts to normalize acts
of incest, bestiality, gang rape, pedophilia, bowel movements, masturbation,
prostitution, and all other forms of perverted, aberrant and disgusting sex
acts on your proposed "xxx" site. This has nothing to do with free expression
or artistic freedom and is an unreasoned attempt to destroy the moral values of
our society, not to mention lining the pockets of a group of hard core deviants
living off the avails of the same.

There is nothing in your proposal to enforce the "pornographers" to use your
domain and any way, "the tech savvy kids" of today will still be able to hack
into your site and be brainwashed into thinking that what you are portraying is
normal behaviour. It is not by any stretch of the imagination. This is about
money, period!

It will continue to fuel the already out of control sex crime rate in our
communities, contribute to the normalization of extremely immoral behaviour and
create a whole new generation of sexual deviants.

The internet should be a safe place for everyone including my kids who are
"tech savvy". Don't make this kind of material available in the public media.

Allen Fowler
Sherwood Park
Alberta, Canada

<FONT face="Tahoma" size="2"><STRONG><br><br>E-mail message checked by PC Tools
Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.145)<br>Database version: 5.06680<br><a
href="http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/";>http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/</a><br></STRONG></FONT>