ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

VINTON CERF & ICANN SUPPORT IRRESPONSIBLE WEBMASTERS?

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: VINTON CERF & ICANN SUPPORT IRRESPONSIBLE WEBMASTERS?
  • From: "Jeff Knows All" <jeffknowsall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:17:10 +0000

Dear Vinton Cerf and the ICANN Board:

What possible benefit could there be for a responsible successful adult webmaster to post their support for .xxx?

Let's consider what would happen if a responsible online adult company were to post their support for .xxx to the ICANN public comment board:

1. The FBI is guarranteed to add them to their list and move them relatively high up. Most of the successful adult webmasters have been operating quietly and successfully for many years now. Those companies have either made enough money to move Canada (where they operate with complete freedom) or moved to one of many islands putting them completely outside US jurisdiction. That leaves California as a pretty intelligent place for the Federal Bearau of Investigation to focus its efforts. Last I checked, the FBI has inspected 10 companies. Only two (2) passed without violations according to Special Agent Chuck Joyner. 80% success rate. That should make both Bush and the FRC very pleased.

2. Suffer the wrath of the famous GoFuckYourself.com board bloggers Mike Hawk and Mike South? Are those even their real names? I did some quick searches on these two characters on Google:

GOOGLE SEARCH OF MIKE SOUTH:
http://www.lukeisback.com/archives/archives/updates/991126.htm

"Heather Jade claims Mike South took without a release, sold and posted without permission images sexually explicit images of her when she was underage. No charges were pressed. "The pictures were supposed to be sent to Penthouse. Because Mike South said that he had connections. And the other guy said that he was going to send them to Playboy. And that was it. That's all the pictures were supposed to be used for. So they could look at them and tell me if I was all right looking to be a Penthouse Pet or a Playboy whatever..." There were just two photographers, Mike South and another guy. They said they just wanted to take pictures because they were taking pictures of all the other girls there. And nobody else signed a model release. He was real nice... I didn't think that he'd take my pictures and blow them up all over the place. He assured me that those were for his own personal use [masturbation?], you know, for him. He has a whole portfolio of girls... And that was all he said that they were to be used for." MIKE SOUTH

GOOGLE SEARCH OF MIKE HAWKE:
http://www.fubarwebmasters.com/ambush/mikehawk.htm

"i was the DJ, and played some major parties and clubs aroud town with a fake ID at the time. With a big bag of Cocaine and some money I walked into a little radio station at the time KROQ here in Pasadena." With a big bag of Cocaine and some money I walked into a little radio station at the time KROQ here in Pasadena, to buy ad time and get a club off the ground, later the DJ that did my spots, they hired him, then he became one of there top DJ"s...Richard Blade."

How did so many online adult companies become so self-confident? Clearly, they've been partying in LA for too long. My sense is that the conservative US government powers that be are just looking for an easy victory in the battle for public oppinion. It would seem to me, that child pornography and the harvesting of children for pornographic websites is an excellent target.

3. The opportunity cost of labeling every single webpage/website, putting up proper warning pages as oppossed to SPAMMING customers and creatively driving traffic would seem to be a much better investment of capital. However, if I don't have to label yet, why bother?

4. Unfortunately, I do not own shares in .xxx, nor do I have any traffic arrangement with the company. But I can assure you, were they to offer me shares to secure my domain names, I and every adult webmaster world-wide would be pre-registering.

Assuming ICM guarrantee's that I can pre-register my current inventory of domain names, I would support .xxx.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=43.658648~-79.383962&style=r&lvl=15&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3702663&cid=7ABE80D1746919B4!1329 From January 26 to February 8, 2007