ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

from an opposer of .xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: from an opposer of .xxx
  • From: "Tia Loya" <stanstwo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:03:59 -0800

Hello there,
I am a member of the adult industry. I oppose .xxx domain names. We have several websites; .com, .net and .biz. This would be a disaster for us and would only serve to line Stuart Lawley's pockets with cash at our expense for no real reason.
This may come as a surprise to many people; but most of the businesses in the adult industry do try to maintain responsibility with regard to keeping their websites secure with regard to children. The people that don't do this are criminals and deserve to be hunted down and prosecuted; but the rest of us shouldn't be punished for it.
I have been in the adult industry; (a business owner, not in front of a camera) for 24+ years. I have raised two children of my own and have 5 grandchildren. I love my family and my home.
Please drop this crazy idea of .xxx. It's just a special interest group called Stuart Lawley with a big idea on how to become a gazillionaire. Please don't buy into this. It is wrong and will not contribute to anyone's betterment except him.
Thank you for your help,
Tia Loya
Stans Two, Inc.
Pomona, Ca. 91768