ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

In Strong Support of XXX

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: In Strong Support of XXX
  • From: Alex Hettinger <alexhett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:25:03 -0500

I strongly support the .xxx domain name. For all the same reasons that we restrict printed (or other) forms of pornography to special places and require proof of age to get access to it .xxx is the responsible path to take for online pornography. There is a significant and important difference between providing adult-entertainment services to consenting adults who want to access it and publishing pornography in the public domain where anyone (including children) can easily stumble upon it regardless of whether they were seeking it out or not. Furthermore, the plague of spam that is beleaguering our online community is made far worse by spam originating from irresponsible pornography sites that overtly or covertly solicit their services to millions who do not at all want such pornographic solicitations.