ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Reasons why it is important to oppose the .xxx domain proposal

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Reasons why it is important to oppose the .xxx domain proposal
  • From: "DannyZ - Zbuckz" <dannyz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:11:25 +0700

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to voice the reasons why I oppose the .xxx domain
proposal, and if necessary our company will join forces with many others in
the adult entertainment industry to fight it.  The reasons we oppose the
.xxx domain proposal are as follows:

-  While ICM, who would run the registry and make millions on it, says it
will be voluntary, they are also telling those opposed to legal adult porn
that .xxx will prevent kids from accessing adult content and help to
regulate it. Obviously, those two statements are in opposition to each
other.

- As for protecting kids from porn, .xxx will do no such thing. Even if
adult content is restricted to .xxx, there will still be numerous small, off
brand domains from tiny countries that allow adult content, thereby
completely defeating the purpose.  Additionally, it will cause adult
entertainment companies that provide thousands of jobs in the United States
to move offshore in order to get around these regulations.

The positive goals of .xxx (preventing access by children and those who
don't wish to view adult content) can be achieved better by a combination of
a .kids domain, voluntary listing of adult sites with existing content
filters, and parental involvement.  We would support such measures
wholeheartedly, and would be commited to an intelligent solution at
restricting children from accessing adult content.

Thank you for your time, and we hope you will do the right thing and oppose
this poorly thought out proposal.

All Best Wishes
--
Danny Z, CFO