ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

against dot xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: against dot xxx
  • From: Pete <dildonator@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:02:36 +0200

Dear ICANN,

I am an adult webmaster and have been involved in the online adult industry
since 1998.   I would like to voice my concern AGAINST .xxx .   I think that
this is a bad idea and can lead to the ghettosizing of the adult industry.
I feel strongly against any ghettoing of my industry.

On the issue that .xxx will make it more difficult for children to access
adult content that is a farse.  Teenagers will know exactly where to look,
search.xxx, find.xxx, teens.xxx, cyber.xxx, any word they type in will
appear as a .xxx.   The adult industry is mataculous in policing itself
supporting such programs as NetNanny, CyberPatrol and others.

I am not from California, or the USA, I am from Cyprus and am AGAINST dot
xxx!

Regards,
Peter Kalos