ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.XXX is NOT a good Idea

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .XXX is NOT a good Idea
  • From: "lee@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:29:46 -0500

As an adult webmaster with 10 years in online adult I believe XXX is bad. The reasons,

It creates a precedent of forcing an industry into a separate and unequal upper level Domain infrastructure.
Ultimately it will mean seizure of valuable property without due process as governments mandate .XXX for adult
It will allow for easy censorship. Freedom of ideas, all ideas is what makes the Internet what it is and when repression and ghettoization starts there are no boundaries on its ultimate form.

and finally unless the very things I fear listed above happen it will do nothing but enrich those proposing the the creation of .XXX there is no benefit to anyone else in being forced to acquire new domain names to protect investment and branding.