ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

NO to .XXX

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NO to .XXX
  • From: "Casey Black" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:00:28 -0700

As an owner of adult subscription websites, I am absolutely OPPOSED to the
idea of a .XXX registry.  Anything that aggregates the adult industry and
makes us an easy target for the Bush Administration and the United States
Federal Government (i.e., Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of
Investigation) is a BAD idea.  We have several US Congressmen waiting for
the .XXX registry to be implemented, so they can put forth bills in both the
House of Representatives and the US Senate that will target the US adult
entertainment industry for more worthless regulations (worthless in terms of
stopping child pornography) or for a "sin tax" on the adult industry.

It is absolutely WRONG for ICANN / ICM to play into the hands of the Bush
Administration and the conservative, evangelical right wing in the US.  If
you want to protect children from adult entertainment on the Internet, the
easiest and most logical solution is a .KIDS registry.

As a responsible owner of adult subscription websites, I voluntarily follow
the ASACP guidelines and I label my sites with the "Restricted to Adults"
banner.  I do not need the .XXX registry to be a responsible purveyor of
adult entertainment.

Regards,
CB

Casey Black