ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

I am against the XXX TLD (please read why)

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I am against the XXX TLD (please read why)
  • From: Spasmo <spasmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 00:05:50 -0800

Hi,

I have been trying to make it as an adult webmaster for years, and
between the government regulations on (legal) content and increasing
bandwidth requirements to stay afloat, it's not easy.

What would the XXX TLD do to me?

It would destroy my business.  My hobby.  Something I love.

I do not have the money afford to bid for my own domains.  So someone
else will.  That is simply unfair and unwarranted.

My sites are labeled, and the big four top browsers honor these labels
right out of the box.

While there may be some huge short-term money in XXX registrations, it
would cause me and most of my friends to have to bail out.  This
includes our domain buying and reselling.

And besides, most of the successful adult webmasters aren't even in
the US.  So, if this came down to a regulation issue it would not even
affect those that have the most adult visitors.  XXX would be ignored.

Please think this through carefully before you act.

Thank you for your time.

Doug