ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Re: XXX domain names

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: XXX domain names
  • From: DJ <dj_uop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 09:24:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

  I just became aware that ICANN has invited public opinion to be expressed
regarding the proposed .XXX domain classification.

  There are several reasons why i am opposed to this:

  1) It is but one more way for the US Government to be interferring in our
private lives.
  2) Providing .xxx domains will only "highlight" the awareness of which
websites are strictly adult. In other words, it is going to make it EASIER for
non-adults to find ALL the so called porn sites.
  3) Providing .xxx domains is also another way to charge more for the same
thing that is available now.
  4) And where does it stop ? If we have .xxx, then how about others such as
.teens or .young or ....

  In conclusion, i say it is better to leave the internet domain name
classifications as they are.

  Sincerely,

  Dave Cantrall
  Uranus 1 Systems