ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: [alac-admin] Internal Procedures

  • To: Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] Internal Procedures
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:46:43 +0200

Moving this back to the public list -- there's no need to have this
discussion on the private one....

The process informally described by Vittorio is the way in which
"votes" are supposed to happen.  As far as document adoption is
concerned, three additional details are necessary (which were all
contained in the procedures draft):

- The proposed procedures include the option to go for a "no
  objections" approach, and time lines and thresholds for that
  approach are defined.

  (1/3 of the committee members' objections within two days stop
  publication.)

- Some rough time frames for votes are proposed.

- There's the notion of proxies, when people are absent.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>