ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] NomCom input

  • To: "Interim ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] NomCom input
  • From: "Denise Michel" <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:25:46 -0700

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this (this week).

Thanks
Denise

////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Denise,

The ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom) is preparing for the decisions it
will make in selecting members for the Interim ALAC. The basis for NomCom's
selections is the set of criteria, eligibility factors, and  the addtional
considerations described
in the Formal Call posted on the NomCom web page. We realize that it might
also be helpful, as we make choices among well-qualified candidates, to
consider how the skills/experience of candidates might complement or enhance
those of the already seated members of the Interim ALAC.

It would therefore be helpful to the NomCom to have a brief list of the
skills/ experience of the members of the Interim ALAC so that as we are
trying to choose among fully qualified candidates, we can make selections
that will be especially helpful for the work of the Council.

We hope this is information that you could provide to us. And we welcome any
suggestions the Interim ALAC may wish to make about such desired
characteristics.

The charge of the Nominating Committee is to exercise its independent
judgment in making its selections, but your suggestions would  enhance our
decision-making. Should you be able to provide this information, please send
it to me via email at your earliest convenience.

Your assistance to the Nominating Committee process will be greatly
appreciated.

Linda Wilson, Chair
ICANN Nominating Committee