ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] RE: [ga] 6000+ unique At Large Members?

  • To: "Ga@xxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] RE: [ga] 6000+ unique At Large Members?
  • From: "Denise Michel" <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:37:02 -0700

Allow me to clear-up your confusion regarding the At-Large announce list
(note that it is an *announce list*, not a *membership list*).

In early 2001, ICANN sent an announcement to the list that was generated as
part of the 2000 At-Large election, inviting individuals to opt-in to an
At-Large announce list.  5000+ people did so.  The At-Large Study Committee
(http://www.atlargestudy.org/)  then used and maintained this announce list,
and another 1000+ individuals joined the list through the ALSC's website
during the course of the Committee's work.  Additional names were added to
the list last year through the efforts of the At-Large Organizing Committee
(http://www.at-large.org/).  The list will now be used and maintained by the
At-Large Advisory Committee (http://alac.icann.org/).

Denise Michel
michel@xxxxxxxxx