ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Internal Procedures

  • To: Sebastian Ricciardi <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Internal Procedures
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:48:11 +0200

On 2003-04-23 18:41:00 -0300, Sebastian Ricciardi wrote:

> 1) The At-Large Advisory Committee elects one chairman and may
> elect two vice-chairmen, its liaisons to the Board, the GNSO, and
> to any other Advisory Committee and Supporting Organization.
> These volunteers could be replaced at any time at the sole
> discretion of the Committee.

> 2) The Committee will make decisions on ALAC recommendations and
> activities by consensus. If consensus is not possible, and
> whenever a vote is necessary, simple majority rules and the vote
> will be publicly archived. Other procedures rules will be set up
> by member consensus in a case by case basis, if they're needed.

> 3) Committee work may include the submission of drafts for
> comments. Any member of the committe can submit drafts, and the
> other members shall review them and submits comments in a
> reasonable time.

> I don't really think we need more rules than these and of course,
> general principles of education, good manners and common sense.

One key point I'd like to clarify is that consensus can be stated by
a "no objections?" procedure, and within a certain time line.  I'd
also include a time frame for votes, and the notion of proxies.

Mentioning that people are responsible for the drafts they start is
also a good idea, I think.

But I'm repeating myself.
--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>