ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Archives -- if you want.

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Archives -- if you want.
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:51:14 +0200

A ready-to-go comment submission and archival mechanism for ALAC is
available at <http://alac.does-not-exist.org/lists/> -- we'd just
have to announce this.  (ok, the site name makes for a bad pun --
but in a corporation where "a good sense of humor" is a
qualification for the CEO, that should work.)

Right now, general comments, new gTLDs and the WIPO2 recommendations
are the topics for which intro texts, submission addresses, and
archives are available. (For the intro text on new gTLDs, I have
shamelessly stolen from Wendy's draft.)

Adding new archives can usually be done within less than a day.

As a little extra toy for the ever-increasing group of
blog-o-maniacs on this committee (welcome to the club, Esther ;-),
all archives come with rather simplistic RSS (RDF 0.9, to be more
precise) feeds.

One other idea I'll be playing around with a bit is to install a
Movable Type weblog on that site.  This could then serve as an
easy-to-use publication channel for the committee; posting rights
could simply be given to all committee members (plus Denise).

(Of course, we could also just scrap this if the "real thing"
finally starts working.)

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>