ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: [alac-admin] FYI - FW: [alac-comments] On the ALAC's Request for Comments...

  • To: "Interim ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] FYI - FW: [alac-comments] On the ALAC's Request for Comments...
  • From: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:33:11 -0300

I think we could prepare a statement in response to the comments received
in the last days.

As you might now, I'm not involved in ICANN politics, and that gives me a
limited capability to understand the actual intention of these persons. I
still think that we can learn a few things from their imput, and I do
recognize the value of their comments - despite of some hilarious
language -.

However, I do want to clarify certain issues here.

1) If I hadn't known Mr. Younger at Rio, I were sure - because of the
language of his message - that we are dealing with a spoiled 14 years old
kid. Words such as "feeble-minded idiots", "stooges", "Mentally Challenged"
and "spineless worms" do not look like a comment sent by an inteligent
person who has been General Assembly Chair of the DNSO. If  Mr.
Younger -whom I still consider a very smart and passionate person - could
use a more appropiate language to communicate his ideas, his comments would
be looked with an other kind of attention. Let me point out here that I do
share some of his thoughts (some of those that not concern to personal
offenses, of course).

2) I don't think that the technical problems we may found in setting up the
public forum gives Mr. Auerbach the right to acuse us in the way he did. It
was a minor failure that will be fixed pretty soon.

3) If those who acused us of  representing all the evil in this world could
help us with constructive ideas, I am sure that our work would be so much
better. Even they could be favored by the changes achieved, as a part of the
Internet Community.

4) Most of the comments we've received are very constructive. We should put
the public forum
up & running asap, in order to promote a bigger discussion on the issues
we're handling.

Regards,

Sebastian

Committee