ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: [alac-admin] FYI - FW: [alac-comments] On the ALAC's Request for Comments...

  • To: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] FYI - FW: [alac-comments] On the ALAC's Request for Comments...
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:17:23 -0700

At 13:33 -0300 4/25/03, Sebastian Ricciardi wrote:
I think we could prepare a statement in response to the comments received
in the last days.

As you might now, I'm not involved in ICANN politics, and that gives me a
limited capability to understand the actual intention of these persons. I
still think that we can learn a few things from their imput, and I do
recognize the value of their comments - despite of some hilarious
language -.

There's a lot of justified frustration with the mechanisms for individual contribution to the ICANN process. It doesn't help matters when the group charged with representing at-large interests can't even get the technical wherewithal to accept and respond to comments.

I think we should use the archive Thomas has created to move forward with substantive discussion.

--Wendy

-- -- Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx || wendy@xxxxxxx Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html