ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Proposed

  • To: Denise Michel <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Proposed
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler-mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 16:20:36 +0200

Here's the change I proposed during the call:

- Follow Bret's advice to permit for "closed" At-Large Structures.

- Add the following wording as an openness threshold RALOs have to
  meet:

        Before receiving its rights under a MoU with ICANN, any RALO
        shall demonstrate that every citizen or resident of its
        geographical region would be welcome to join at least one
        accredited at-large structure.

  If you wonder about the "welcome" wording: I want to make sure
  that the burden is on the structures, in the aggregate, and not on
  the regions' citizens or residents.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler                 <roessler-mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>