ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Action points after today's call

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Action points after today's call
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 18:26:56 +0200

ACTION POINTS
after May 3rd conference calls

* gTLDs
Wendy: post final draft incorporating comments by May 5 (deadline for
ALAC comment). The document will be sent out as our statement and
public comment on it will be encouraged on our website. Details about
IDN TLDs will be left to a separate document - only state a general
principle about inclusion of the relevant expertise when linguistic
evaluation is necessary (see recent thread).

* WIPO2
We'll wait until May 9 to receive public comment, then Thomas will
finalize the draft by May 12 (deadline for ALAC comment).

* Budget
Vittorio/Denise: prepare and send a letter to Twomey asking funds for
currently existing liaisons and Chair to attend ICANN meetings in FY
2004. Point out that this is necessary for our participation to be
effective, that alternative funding sources will not be available at
least until the RALO creation process is completed, that not funding
travel risks restricting ALAC participation to wealthy people, and
that according to Bylaws we really need to have different persons for
all those roles.

* Internal procedures
Vittorio: post revised draft of Sebastian's proposal, adding a 4-day
no objection period for document approval - evaluation of objections
and counterobjections will be left to Chair (N.B. which means that, as
happened on the last issues, the Chair will solicit everyone to
express his/her opinion and then try to understand where the rough
consensus is).

* ccNSO Implementation report
Vittorio: post asap the draft of a comment in favour of the creation
of a ccNSO and encouraging an exchange of liaisons. (Deadline May 7)

* ALS/RALO criteria
Denise: incorporate changes discussed during the call and prepare next
version alongside with explanations on the changes we're making (to be
posted on the website).
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---