ccNSO Assistance Group Preliminary recommendation
  • To: "'reform-comments@xxxxxxxxx'" <reform-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ccNSO Assistance Group Preliminary recommendation
  • From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:34:31 +1100

Dear ccNSO Assistance Group,

I have been asked to convey to you a discussion held during the DNSO Names
Council meeting on Thursday 14 Nov 2002.

The business constituency are seeking more time to consult with their
members and provide input to the ccNSO, on the preliminary recommendation on
policy-development process.  They believe that the 7 days provided by public
comment is insufficient.  I hope you may consider a slightly longer period
e.g until the end of November.  Of course this should not delay earlier
meetings of the ccNSO to consider the public input received so far.

The DNSO Names Council has over time supported the cctlds in their request
for a separate supporting organisation, and believe that it is worth
ensuring that all stakeholders (especially the cctlds themselves) are
comfortable with the policy development process within the ccNSO.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin
Chair
Names Council