Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: rgiusta
Date/Time: Tue, October 24, 2000 at 5:52 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: It's about kids, and it's about time!

As a father of four, I support dotkidsdomain, Inc. We have worked hard with our children, to encourage responsible behavior in all areas of their young lives, and we believe that character does count.  What people do when no one is watching them is what constitutes characater. This is what happens with the internet.  Kids have the opportunity to develop their character with no one watching. Let's give them good material to do so.  I have been working with students for over thirty years, and I am deeply saddened by what I have seen the media, and the internet do to kids character.  Young boys expecially are at an age when they are experimenting and developing their understanding of romance and marriage. I see too many kids becaome like little animals, viewing women as objects to be used, and sex as entertainment instead of love and procreation.  I think it is about time that we help kids develop their potential as moral citizens who contribute to society instead of being immoral creatures of the internet and M-T.V.  THey have espoused the words of the popular song, " You and me baby ain't nothing  but animals, so lets do it like they do on the Discovery channel."  Kids are more than animals.  They are human beings.  Let's help them to see the difference.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy