Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Montclairian
Date/Time: Sat, November 4, 2000 at 9:17 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: THUMBS UP for .go application

My name is Charles Wohl and I'm president of Psychosoft Corporation, a manufacturer of call processing equipment. I've had the opportunity to speak with Lars Kanngard, manager of business development for Dubai Internet City. Lars has explained to me the concept of .go acting as a hub for electronic commerce. Exposure for that part of the world to the internet, and a new way for a country whose primary commerce revolves around the oil production and service industries to expand and become a player in technology seems most exciting to me.

It is my understanding that potential individuals and organizations that register domains in that part of the world will require the protection and security that only the .go TLD will offer.  It is also my understanding that .go will offer a vehicle to help those only familiar with Arabic to become active members in the World Wide Web community.

I really like the idea of a 'clean' TLD and feel if they are successful in achieving the goals they have set for themselves, then they will have the opportunity of setting a new standard for the web. Certainly, they should have the opportunity to try and achieve their lofty goals.

Certainly, by approving their application ICANN will not only provide the UAE and surrounding countries with an opportunity for increased economic development, but ICANN will stimulate exchanges between individuals from different cultures and essentially bring the world electronically closer together.

Full approval of the applicaton is certainly in order.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy