IANA Web Site -- Where is the history?

In updating the IANA website to track on-going developments with ICANN,
you seem to have lost information about the past and present IANA.  The
"about IANA" is all about the future IANA, not about today's IANA.  I
hope that you won't permanently lose this history!

I have a specific question (for a research paper on the White Paper
process):  ISI performs IANA functions under contract of what
government agency?  It is not NSF, right?  It is DoD.  But which agency
in particular?  I could use some historical background on the evolution
of IANA to its form of 1998.

Thanks!

Hans Klein
Asst. Prof. of Public Policy
Georgia Tech

  Hans K. Klein
  Assistant Professor               Phone: 404-894-2258
  School of Public Policy, MC:0345  Fax:   404-894-0535
  D.M. Smith Building, 313          Email: hans.klein@pubpolicy.gatech.edu
  Georgia Tech
  Atlanta, GA 30332-0345