[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)
- To: Masataka Ohta <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)
- From: "vinton g. cerf" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 19:25:27 -0400
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Stef@nma.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, DOMAIN-POLICY@lists.internic.net, email@example.com, Iana@iana.org, List@giaw.org, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <199807112228.HAA02358@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp>
- References: <no.id@ALPHA1.RESTON.MCI.NET>
my impression is that the WP was pretty open about the
leadership/oversight of the new IANA and only recommended
that the organization be incorporated in the US.
Is the site of incorporation an issue in your view?
At 07:27 AM 7/12/98 +0900, Masataka Ohta wrote:
>> I hope it will prove possible for us to step back from
>> the temptation, often so hard to resist, to engage in
>> ad hominem ("personal" for the latin-impaired) exchanges
>> and to focus our collective energy on the very important
>> effort to achieve rough consensus on the new IANA
>But, I think meetings called for "the WP" is just closed private
>meetings of people who happened to be interested in a private
>opinion of USG that we should have "a US local IANA corporation"
>and are not a part of the open discussion on "the new IANA
>organization", which is not "a US local IANA corporation".
> Masataka Ohta
If you are using any email address other than email@example.com,
please change your address book to use that address exclusively.
See you at INET'98, Geneva 21-24,July 98 http://www.isoc.org/inet98/