Re: Tired of Waiting

At 09:54 AM 7/14/98 -0400, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>(If you don't see why for-profit, but competing, Registries don't work,
ask yourself how you'd feel once your snappy URL
http://my_name.new_tld/foo/bar is embedded in 10,000 web pages world-wide,
and your for-profit Registry then ups the rate to $1,000 per month....)

Explain to me what we don't have the same problem with Visa and Mastercard?
They are both essentially shared registries composed of competing
for-profit registrars.