IANA & Human Rights Declaration of Individual Rights in Cyberspace, July 4, 1998

TO: Dr. Jon Postel, IANA
FROM: Stephen J. Page, THE i CHANNEL(r) Information Service to "i"ndividuals

RE: An Open Letter to IANA Declaring Individually Created and Consumed
Electromagnetic Energy Worthy of Extraordinary Protections, to the
Cooperative Community of Individual Citizens of the World and Present
and Future Users of the Internet, a Channel for "i"dividual Information

N.B.: Please feel free to incorporate any or all of the following into the
organizational fabric of the soon-to-be incorporated IANA

TITLE: Human Rights Declaration of Individual Rights in Cyberspace, July 4,
1998, Verson 1.0

a foundation for structuring scalable information systems (IS), data
systems (DS) and registration system (RS) while promoting long term social
and economic stability worldwide through a process of self-organizing
decentralization of control by empowering individual energy creators and
stakeholders to participate interactively in the governance of their futures

Inspiration
The 50th Anniversary of the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights was
an inspiration for recognizing that human rights and individual rights in
cyberspace are inseparable.  When the UN crafted the Universal Declaration,
there was no Internet.  Today, the Internet is a channel whose value is
entirely dependent upon the actions of millions of individual people.  As a
collective massing of cooperating people whose individual and collective
creativity forms the sum of all value which is created, transmitted, and
broadcast universally, the Internet represents a treasure which is worthy
of extraordinary protection.  By protecting the individual rights of one
person, and applying that protection universally, that treasure will be
protected forever, for all to benefit.

Introduction
In 1948 the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights was
written to provide a guide for the nations of the world and a beacon of
hope for oppressed and suppressed human beings everywhere.

International wars between nations are now rare, but civil wars within
traditional nation-state boundaries are becoming more common as the forces
of central control and self-interest run against the forces of self-rule,
autonomy, and self-organization.

Fueling the hope of human beings who seek to make their voices heard is the
technology which enables the Internet, an electromagnetic energy
transmission medium. This technology gives anyone with the
telecommunications access to the global network of networks, and a browser
which they individually control, the same right to seek and receive
information as anyone else in the world.

As people use their eyes and brains to send and receive information in the
three dimensional physical space of the universe, so do people who are
globally interconnected and internetworked by the Internet use their eyes
and their brains to rapidly send and receive information.

In such an intercommunicating world of individuals, truth can no longer be
suppressed or controlled by governments, and oppressed and suppressed
people worldwide have demonstrated that in the age of the Internet that
they  will no longer tolerate a lack of information, access to human
energy, or voicelessness associated with having no free communications
channel.

So, in the anniversary year of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
and on July 4, the anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, it seems
appropriate to create a Universal Declaration of Individual Rights which
can serve as a cornerstone of the future self-organizing structure of the
Internet, insuring that it will remain a channel for each individual to use
whenever and wherever they choose.

The vision of the Universal Declaration of Individual Access Rights to
Electromagnetic Energy Transmission Across the Internet, is that each
individual person inhabiting the world will enjoy the rights and benefits
of being able to send and receive information to and from any point to any
other point in the universe.

The Declaration:

Universal Declaration of Individual Access Rights to Electromagnetic Energy
Transmission across the Internet (iACCESS(r) RIGHTS(tm)

We the people, do recognize that we individually have the right to seek
truth and other benefits wherever we feel that we might find them.

We the people, do recognize that we individually have the right to send our
electromagnetic energy freely across the electromagnetic transmission
medium called the Internet.

We the people, do recognize that we individually have the right to protect
ourselves from any electromagnetic energy delivered across the
electromagnetic transmission spectrum which we feel is unhealthy or
offensive to ourselves or our families.

We the people, do recognize that we each are the individual owner of a
unique sensory management system called a human brain which we each use so
that we survive, procreate, work, educate ourselves and our children, seek
and attain contentment and peace, individually, and therefore,
collectively.

We the people, do recognize that our brain receives energy from various
channels. One form of energy is photons which represent useful information
which is processed at the eye's retina, the eye channel(tm), before being
transmitted electrochemically for our understanding.  Other forms of energy
channels are the nerves which deliver sound, smell, and taste to our brain.
Each form of individual energy channel can be called an i(r)Channel(r).

We the people, do recognize that the Internet is universally an open and
accessible transmission system for energy which is created, sent, and
received by individual human beings, and therefore, it is a form of
communications medium, just like air which contains the necessary oxygen
which we breathe to sustain life. Without air, we would not be able to
breathe, nor would we be able to exist because our brain would suffocate
from a lack of oxygen.  Likewise, without individual access to the
electromagnetic energy transmitted across the Internet, the intellectual
capacity of our brain would suffer from a lack of access to information
available universally through the Internet.

We the people, do recognize that we have the individual right to choose any
access provider to provide us with access to individually created human
energy across the Internet.

We the people, do recognize that we have the individual right to navigate
our browser to any location or destination universally without fear of
reprisal from anyone or any organization or government.

We the people, do recognize that we have the right to freely associate with
any other person or organization universally and exchange our thoughts and
ideas for our own individual benefit, and when aggregated, for our
collective individual benefits.

We the people, do recognize that we have the right to ownership of the
creative efforts which we have chosen to protect as our own property, and
the right to protection from intellectual property thieves.  This right
stems from the law of physics which recognizes that electromagnetic energy
is generated from individual human effort, education, training, and has an
associated cost.  Electromagnetic energy transmitted across networks
recognizes no geographic nor organizational boundaries.  Therefore, from
the time of intellectual property protection, we individually have the
right to have our property protected worldwide, because if it were not
protected, then the electromagnetic energy transmitted worldwide would be a
channel for stealing intellectual property.

(c) Copyright, 1998.  Stephen J. Page.  All Rights Reserved.

(This copyright is applied merely to identify the source of authorship.
Feel free to distribute this anywhere, through any channel or medium, so
long as the copyright mark is attached.)

by Stephen J. Page
MBA OD BSc
THE i(r) CHANNEL(r) Information Services for "i"ndividuals
T: 925-454-8624 F: 925-484-0448
email: usdh@ccnet.com

Background of the Author
Please refer to archives of DNS@ntia.doc.gov for previous submissions.