ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-comments]

[alac-comments] Re: Needed: At-Large Delegates to ICANN's Nominating Committee

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, alac-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac-comments] Re: Needed: At-Large Delegates to ICANN's Nominating Committee
  • From: Lutz Donnerhacke <lutz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:53:52 +0100

In iks.lists.fitug, you wrote:
> Nominating Committee. Individuals interested in being considered for
> appointment by the ALAC to the Nominating Committee are asked to
> contact the ALAC via e-mail to <alac-comments@xxxxxxxxx> before 7
> February 2003 (please include in the e-mail your name, country,
> profession, and e-mail address; write "Nominating Committee" in the
> subject line; and attach a resume or biography). Suggestions of
> individuals who may be interested in serving are also strongly
> encouraged.

Name: Lutz Donnerhacke
Country: Germany
Profession: programmer, network admin
E-mail: Lutz.Donnerhacke@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Reuse of an older resume: http://www.iks-jena.de/mitarb/lutz/icann.en.html

> 1. Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence,
>    with reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and with
>    experience and competence with collegial large group decision-making;

All those points can only answered by other people.

> 2. Persons with wide contacts, broad experience in the Internet
>    community, and a commitment to the success of ICANN;

My contacts to the Internet community are not that wide, but hopefully
sufficient. Building and managing regional grass root internets since 1992.
Working as network admin @anISP since 1996. Responsible for non ordinary
projects, with a special focus on security. Despite managing the
out-of-ICANN TLD bofh, my political and NGO activities strongly support a
single and working name and address distribution authority in order to fight
political driven Internet splits.

> 4. Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal
>    commitments to particular individuals, organizations, or commercial
>    objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee
>    responsibilities;

I'm not neutral, but objective. I'm not bound to any industry nor
organisation, but have a personal opinion more related to NGOs.

> 5. Persons with an understanding of ICANN's mission and the potential
>    impact of ICANN's activities on the broader Internet community who are
>    willing to serve as volunteers, without compensation other than the
>    reimbursement of certain expenses; and

Ack.

> 6. Persons who are able to work and communicate in written and
>    spoken English.

Should be possible.

> Additionally, delegates the ALAC selects will be geographically
> diverse, reflecting the global interests of the At-Large community.
> One individual will be selected from each of ICANN's five geographic
> regions  Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America/Caribbean, and
> North America.

This is a real problem: Germans are very active in ICANN.