ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-comments]

[alac-comments] Nominating Committee

  • To: alac-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac-comments] Nominating Committee
  • From: "Walter G. Morton" <wmorton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 20:22:28 +0000

Hello,

My name is Walter G. Morton, a US citizen which has resided here in the
Republic of Palau for the past 10 years. I was instrumental in securing
email and Internet in the Palau and wish to participate further.

I am currently working with the national government developing a national
ICT plan and strategy.

Besides nearly 40 years in the IT industry, I have done considerable work
for the US Dept of Interior throughout the Pacific Islands. As Y2K Site
Manager, I was charged with the review and approval of Y2K remediation
projects for the Republic of Palau and the Republic of the Marshall Islands
which were funded by the US Dept of Interior. Recently, I have worked with
the Ministry of Health designing and implementing a new Health Information
System and the Ministry of Finance implementing a Tax and Revenue System. I
also started the first computer training institute in the Republic of Palau
in 1995 and established the first Internet connectivity. Additionally,  I
have considerable experience with the banking industry having developed a
complete banking system for 7of the 11 local financial institutions. Most
recently, I have designed and developed a credit reporting system
integrating data from utilities, banks, student loans and court judgements.

Thank you again for your consideration.

Walter G. Morton