ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

1) involvement 2) domain names

  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: 1) involvement 2) domain names
  • From: "PN" <publicngs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:47:29 -0700

Hi,

1) I was involved with ICANN a couple of years ago, still have my account
information, yet I receive nothing from ICANN these days.
What can I do to rectify this?

2) I also have an issue I would like to bring before ICANN and am not sure how
to approach it.

I recently needed to peruse a city site.

Apparently, an enduser purchased the CityName.ca.us domain name and requires
the city to utilize a subdomain to follow the template California utilizes
(ci.CityName.ca.us).

When a hapless researcher happens along and accesses the www.CityName.ca.us
site they find propaganda rather than the city information they are seeking.

Government agency's domain names should be protected such that, if an enduser
is using the site for less that professional purposes, they should be
encouraged to sell the domain name to the government agency for a reasonable
fee.

This will assist in curbing Identity Theft, Phishing/Pharming and confusion of
the general populace.

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,

J.  La May