ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

Name registrations

  • To: forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Name registrations
  • From: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:01:42 -0800

Hello!  Myself and a group of boating enthusiasts run www.performance-inc.com as
an open-to-anyone, free, forum, picture gallery, discusssion, resource, tips,
etc. site.

Recently, many members have suggested we have sites devoted specifically to the
half-dozen or so popular brands.  Assuming they're available, are we allowed to
register (for example) donziboats, cigaretteboats, bajaboats, etc. .com/.us?

These sites would be very similar in nature to our original site and definitely
not for-profit, trying to encroach on any trademarks, etc.  From the rules and
regulations I've read, this appears to be a legitimate, allowable use.  Any
clarification would be appreciated.

Regards,
Stephen Casher