ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Replacement of ALAC members

  • To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, alac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Replacement of ALAC members
  • From: Erick Iriarte Ahon <faia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:57:47 -0500

Hi..

I think is good way your proposal, but i want to know who keep and who leave in this process.

Erick

At 02:30 p.m. 19/10/2004, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
There are some of the initial Board-appointed members of the ALAC who have
indicated that, after two years of service, they would like to step down.

I propose that we write to the Board and suggest that they should be
prepared to quickly replace such members - possibly before Cape Town - and
perhaps propose a process.

Assuming that it is the Board, not the NomCom, that has the power to replace
these members, I would suggest to the Board to adopt the following process:
- the ALAC issues a call for nominations to the At Large Structures and the
general public (2 weeks)
- the NomCom forwards this call to their ALAC applicants from this year's
round
- all nominations coming from either of the two channels are forwarded to
the Board
- the Board decides how to handle them (i.e. with a subcommittee, or with a
joint Board-ALAC subcommittee, or by forwarding them to the NomCom)
- the appointments are decided

What do you think? I'd like to start moving on this.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...