ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Comments on New TLD Paper

  • To: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Comments on New TLD Paper
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:09:21 -0700

Along with Bret, Yikes!

Can ICANN really, more than five years after introducing "testbeds" for introduction of new gTLDs, not know what questions they were trying to answer? Do we have to go back to square 1 again? What have we been doing all this time?

Were any hypotheses or questions posed when the testbeds were launched in 1999?

It's high time ICANN stopped questioning questions and get on with it.
--Wendy