ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Comments on New TLD Paper

  • To: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Comments on New TLD Paper
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:06:39 +0200

Bret Fausett ha scritto:
Denise,

I looked back over the ICANN document at:

   http://icann.org/tlds/new-gTLD-questions.pdf

and it's not entirely clear to me that ICANN is seeking 'comments on the questions' as opposed to 'answers to the questions.' This statement isn't exactly clear on that point either:

http://icann.org/announcements/announcement-06jul05.htm

I think that the message we received by Olof Nordling on June 21 was clearer:

ICANN staff has drafted the attached document for review by the ICANN
SOs and ACs.

The paper provides an augmented list of questions needing firm answers
for the implementation process and describes the foreseen consultative
process.

The very first step is now to verify the completeness of the list of
questions. Is the list adequate and sufficiently complete to inform the
implementation process in practice? Comments on that aspect are welcome
by 22 July, i.e. a week after the end of the ICANN meeting in Luxemburg.

In any case, you/I may write to him to ask for a final confirmation of this interpretation, if you feel this is the case.
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...