ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Welcome letter to new ALSes

  • To: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Welcome letter to new ALSes
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:04:42 -0400

At 10:43 PM 4/25/2006 +0200, Annette Muehlberg wrote:
Also, do we really need all these different email-lists?
<als-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
<http://forum.icann.org/alac-forum/> This forum is not really attractive, it looks like half of it is spam. someone should at least look after it.

And why do we not at least invite the ALSes to take part in the public ALAC mailing list? That should be, apart from our website, our central communication tool.

I agree, communication, both with ALSs and within ALAC is very important. Given the difficulties that even we, a 15-member committee, have in connecting by telephone, I would like to propose that we budget some resources and time to finding better tools to move our discussions forward. Yes, let's invite ALSs into the alac@icann mailing list.

I find that the ICANNwiki has been helpful recently, in collecting evolving drafts and discussions. If we are happy to use a public wiki (I am), we could start by adopting a section of the ICANNwiki site for discussions. If we would prefer to have finer-grained control over our wiki, we could set one up through a provider such as SocialText.

Would people be willing to try IRC or an IM chatroom during the next conference call, as well?

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School