ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] At-Large support

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] At-Large support
  • From: "Jacqueline Morris" <jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:43:49 -0400

Very good idea - it "feels"   better suited to some regions rather
than others, might be cultural/environmental/technical factors, but
would be good to see if the "feeling" is fact-based and what factors
might influence +ve adoption of the model.
Jacqueline

On 6/1/06, Roberto Gaetano <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wendy Seltzer wrote:

>That was I.  Didn't mean to do it IPonomously.   Seriously, I think we need
>to spend some public time evaluating whether this model can work, as I've
>suggested at the RALO workshop, and stop maintaining the fiction if it
>can't.

Correct.
And conversely stop arguing if it does.
Incidentally, I would like also to discuss whether it works for some
regions, but not for others, and why. One of the points I would like to
raise is what effort has been done in all regions to make it work.

Regards,
Roberto GAETANO
ALAC
ICANN BoD Liaison