ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] From whom can we get a formal statement on ID requirements or anonymity for meeting participation?

  • To: johnl@xxxxxxxx, alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] From whom can we get a formal statement on ID requirements or anonymity for meeting participation?
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:46:58 +0000

I still don't understand why it seems reasonable to have to provide a valid ID to attend a US Senate meeting and it seems unreasonable that the procedure for an ICANN meeting be the same.

However, I agree with John that we don't have a formal procedure for this, and therefore it's going to be played by ear at each meeting. Moreover, as I noted in an earlier message, with differences that depend on local habits and regulations. I would support the request of Wendy of a clarification, although please excuse me but I cannot force myself to consider this a priority.

(As for the metal detector, we had one in Luxembourg, but not in Wellington. And in Tunis we were checked, but only on the first days, then they let people with ICANN badges go through without bothering.)

Roberto GAETANO
ALAC
ICANN BoD Liaison