ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] DRAFT ALAC Statement on Whois

  • To: <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] DRAFT ALAC Statement on Whois
  • From: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:25:48 -0700

> Thanks, but no thanks.
> I believe that we are best served by letting the Task Force
> continue its work without additional attempts from ICANN to
> interfere with it until its process finishes.

My view is that the process is stuck and showing some leadership might help
the task force find a way out. I don't know that everyone sees a middle
ground, so pointing to it might help move toward an end. My perception is
that this has become a meeting largely about whois, so I'd like to see us
use this moment in Marrakech when attention is focused on the issue.

        Bret